hope your day was great. There’s a reason why your all alive today…. your special seriously 🙂
One of my biggest struggles at the beginning of my hair journey was what to do with my hair after washing. Would i Blowdry? Airdry? Rollerset? Blowdry and straighten? Airdry and straighten, do a Braidout? Twist-out? Pin-Curl? Do a Bantu-knot out? It was a headache trying to figure out which to do.
I figured you might also find it quite frustrating, especially if your really trying a new regime…so hopefully this series will help! I’ll be doing adding to the series every so often with pictures of how i do each technique.
Just fyi here’s my personal manipulation list. 1 being the least manipulative after shampoo procedure and 9 being the most manipulative ( it does also depend on how u handle your hair).
(2-5 are very similar and so the boundary between each is extremely thin)
2. Pin curl
3. Bantu knot out
4. Twist out
5. Braid out
7. Blowdry (on cool air or very low heat)
8. Air dry then straighten
9. Blowdry then straighten
1. Section hair and then use dime size amount of leave in conditioner
2. Apply leave in from top to bottom of sectioned hair
3. Use dime size amount of coconut oil
4. Work coconut oil through hair
5. Use soft bristle brush to smoothen out edges and top of hair
3. Create parting in desired place
4. Use wide tooth comb to comb into desired style. Then secure loosely with hair band and use soft bristle brush to smoothen out hair.
5. Use head scarf to flatten hair thus reducing puffiness. Leave ponytail out for faster drying.
6. Hair results. Ponytail changed into bun.