Another post on massages! What is the addicition you ask?! I’m a feind for them honestly. Got a new thai massage place ‘Bua Siam’ for anyone living in Munich (i wish!) It’s my new fortnightly hot spot. In fact no lie i’ve been spending too many dollar dollar bills there, perhaps i should consider shares…
But yes if you’ve been for a good old massage you’ll know how amazing they can be at easing and relaxing your muscles plus unblocking those stress nerves. I took a friend when she visited and she feel asleep during the massage! For those who don’t know… thai massages aren’t easing going…how do you sleep when someone stands on your back!!! Anyway point is massages are great and work just aswell for your scalp. I know i go on and on about it, but they really are fab!
Research has it that those who have more massages/visits etc are less prone to stress related health issues/ illnesses.
So once a week/ whenever you oil your scalp/ before studying and even just to give yourself a quick treat …massage your head with a fair amount of pressure in a circular motion. This increases blood circulation to your scalp and works a treat at night before bed. If your lucky..a.k.a you got it like that, get gsomeone to do it for you- its sooooo much better.
Here’s some info I found on scalp massage benefits
- It provides deep relaxation to the head and scalp which allows blood circulation to flow more easily to the hair roots.
- Improved circulation, which results from scalp massage, provides hair roots with nourishment to help trigger hair growth. Why? When the scalp or head it constricted or tight due to stress and tension, it blocks adequate blood flow to the hair roots.
- When scalp massage is repeated on a regular basis, it will help to actually strengthen the roots of the hair which will help hair growth.
- When a good moisturizing oil like jojoba is used as the base, it can help add moisture and conditioning to the scalp and the hair enhancing natural textures and making it move vibrant.
- Moisturized hair is less likely to split and break, which is a wonderful benefit of the oils used for scalp massage.
- Scalp massage adds natural luster and shine to the hair.
- In some cases, scalp massage can relieve itchy scalps, prevent flaking and help with chronic dandruff. Of course this is dependent on other factors but is a possible benefit.
- Regular scalp massage can help protect hair from environmental toxins and other weather conditions by helping to strengthen the follicles.
- It can help eliminate depression or other stressful or negative emotions.
- Scalp massage can also help alleviate chronic insomnia and provide restful sleep.
- In some cases, scalp massage can slow hair loss conditions.
- The benefits of scalp massage also help provide a glow to the complexion of the face.
- Regular scalp massage has proven to help in some cases of chronic headaches or migraines.