I absolutely love fish! Especially filets..no hassle..bones out and good to go. Plus i’m rice crazy..i could eat the stuff everyday…so I figured i’d make a healthy meal out of a few of my favourite things.
– 200g assorted fish filets cut ( namely: salmon, haddock and monkfish)
– Mixed peppers (red,yellow,green)
– Broccoli- i used fresh broccoli
– 1 Garlic clove
– 1 onion (medium)
– 2 tbsp Rapeseed oil
– Seasoning (according to taste- thyme, 1 maggi cube, pepper, pinch of curry powder, oregano and sprinkle of crayfish)
1) Prepare rice ( add water to pot and required amount of rice and bring to the boil).
2) Chop peppers (thin strips) , onions, garlic and broccoli
3) Once rice has been brought to the boil rinse ( some people disagree with this…I’ve been raised doing it!) Then replace with water just laying above rice layer)
4) Add 2 tbsps on Rapeseed oil to pan (medium heat)
5) Once oil has heated add chopped onions and allow to lightly fry before adding chopped garlic.
6) Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes and then add fish filets.
7) Once fish begins to brown add sliced peppers and broccoli and then season to taste.
8) Cover pan and allow to steam for 5-10 minutes
9) Once rice is cooked serve alongside fish vegetable ensemble mix
and voila! Simple right!
x edF x