Word on the street is the new way forward is via the Real Queens regime a.k.a Greenhouse effect.
Before you watch the video, I think this is a fantastic method to try and include in your regime. I’ve just started to incorporate it and can happily say my hair is super soft…like for real for real!
Here’s a breakdown of the ‘Greenhouse effect’ as stated on the ‘Real Queens Regime’ site
GREEN HOUSE EFFECT
On damp or dry hair apply a generous amount of JBCO or EVOO throughout your hair (or how ever much you can tolerate) making sure to coat the ends in the oil to create a protective barrier against pollution, fabrics, dryness ect.
- This regimen works well with various protective hairstyles such as bantu knot outs and braid outs, so once you’ve oiled your hair you can prep it accordingly depending on how you plan to style it the next day.
- Place shower cap or plastic bag over your hair to lock in the moisture from your scalps natural oils and heat from your head. This creates a green house, steam effect during your sleep which is the best time for your hair growth in this case.
- Place a head tie/scarf over your head & shower cap making sure that it’s nice and snug; for best results also wear a winter hat over your scarf to help produce more heat.
In the morning you may find that your hair is a bit damp from the moisture the steam effect created.
- You can either blow dry it on cool setting, let it air dry a bit (about 15 mins) before styling, or go ahead and style it while it’s still damp and let it dry as the day progresses.
* if you don’t really care for the JBCO smell, you should definitely try the Shea Oil with Mango & Papaya it will make your hair smell amazing or you can simply use EVOO from your local grocery store, it’s much cheaper!’
WHAT’S THE POINT, WHAT DOES IT DO?
The whole point of the entire Real Queens Regimen is to eliminate the process of using hair products that contain chemicals and start using the natural things that God created to help grow your hair…as you can see from my progress pictures, the green house effect helps to promote hair growth by creating a natural warm steamy environment that enables the natural oils from your scalp to come out and help your hair grow…it’s also great for dryness because of all the moisture produced
ISN’T THE GREEN HOUSE EFFECT JUST BAGGYING?
Baggying involves using a moisturizer (which contains chemicals) and a plastic cap to help retain moisture and hydrate your hair. The green house effect is mainly to help promote hair growth in a natural way as well as restore moisture.
CAN I USE A BONNET INSTEAD OF A HEAD WRAP/SCARF?
The whole point of tying your head after putting on the plastic cap is to trap the heat that your head produces to create that “green house effect”. I don’t sweat very easily so I find that for me I get the best results when I tie my head with my scarf then I put on my warm hat, but you can do whatever works for you. someone mentioned that they use their satin bonnet then they put their beanie (hat) over it, and that worked for them. The main goal is to get your head to sweat a little, and you’ll know if you did it right if you wake up in the morning and take the plastic cap off and see little drops of water in it and your hair is a little damp.
DO YOU HAVE TO WASH THE OIL OUT?
no, you don’t…the point is to not wash out the oil. It’s not like a hot oil treatment where it needs to be rinsed out. simply style your hair as usual and repeat the green house effect as often as possible.
DO YOU HAVE TO REAPLY THE OIL EVERY TIME?
It depends, some peoples hair absorbs oil more then others. I find that sometimes (when i do the regimen every night) my hair still has a good amount of oil in it from the previous night so i don’t need to reaply and i just skip the oil and put the shower cap on and tie my head.
DO YOU PUT ANYTHING ON YOUR SCALP?
No. The green house effect causes your scalps natural oils to come out so you want these natural oils that God created to do the job. There’s no need to oil your scalp directly just put the evoo on your hair
DO YOU STILL MOISTURIZE AND SEAL?
because i only use natural products in my hair I moisturize with water and seal with evoo
CONCERNED WITH MY HAIR BEING DAMP IN THE MORNING…
your hair won’t be WET just a little damp because of the moisture…when you apply a moisturizer in your hair the key ingredient is water so your hair feels a little moist…same concept…your hair will feel moist. I use water when doing the green house effect because i prefer it that way so my hair usually air dries in 15 minutes. you don’t have to use water though that way your hair won’t be as damp when you take the cap off.
let me know what you think…will you be trying this?